Course code: PMP406A
Level of difficulty: Intermediate
|AfPA Members fee
||$590.91 excl GST
||$320 excl GST
||$777.27 excl GST
||$460 excl GST
||1 day – 7 hrs
||1 day – 7 hr 30 min
Benefits of the course
Select the right maintenance treatment, reduce reworks and ensure value for money by applying quality principles and standards to road maintenance. Impart knowledge of the safety hazards in maintenance works.
This course leads participants through the reasons, processes and procedures for effective road maintenance. It introduces the structure of pavements, classification and handling of materials, effective and efficient routine maintenance repair techniques and causes of common pavement faults.
Who should do this course?
Field maintenance personnel involved in pavement repair, supervisors, surveillance officers, engineers and anyone who requires an understanding of the need for effective road maintenance.
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- identify common defects which occur in sealed pavements, and select and detail the most appropriate work method to repair these defects
- describe the storage, handling and application characteristics of bituminous materials in sealed pavement repair
- describe correct ‘hands on’ techniques and work methods to rectify particular pavement defects based on industry best practice
- outline the necessity for the regular maintenance of various other road components
- list common hazards present on maintenance sites.
Assessment is completed during course.
Course attendance is a pre-requisite of assessment.
Engineers Australia CPD
Engineers Australia members may record Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours for attendance at AfPA courses. Refer to Engineers Australia’s CPD Policy for requirements and conditions.
Types and conditions of CPD & Key CPD Requirements: http://bit.ly/1WkuYS6