Registrations closing: 05th July 2022
‘AfPA Industry Experts Panel Session – EME2’ is designed to increase the awareness and share the knowledge about EME2 technology with pavement industry experts to support its use as a more cost effective technology to using other traditional forms of asphalt.
The event will comprise of an interactive discussion with leading experts in EME2 technology from across industry around:
- materials and construction best practices,
- pavement design and case studies,
- Main Roads specifications,
- Q&A session for attendees.
Enrobés à Module Elevé Class 2 (EME2) or High Modulus asphalt technology is a structural material that offers increased stiffness, superior fatigue and deformation resistance over conventional asphalt base course mixes.
EME2 is used extensively internationally on Main Roads, airports and urban roads. It offers several environmental benefits including reduction in the consumption of non-renewable raw materials, reduction in transport and energy usage and structural maintenance, and the service life of the pavement for the equivalent layer thickness.
Event run sheets is as follows:
– Arrival at Noon – Networking and light lunch (30 mins)
– Introduction – what is EME2…(15 mins)
– AfPA Model Specification (20 mins)
– Main Roads Specification (20 mins)
– EME2 Pavement design (30 mins)
– Material specification and mix design noting WA specific requirements (30 mins)
– Production and placement (30 mins)
– Workshopping Mix Design Requirements and Specifications (45-60 mins)
– Q&A and Discussion (20 mins)
– Wrap up (15 mins)
– Finish at 4.30pm with networking again