Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation Forum – NSW November 2022
In-Person Registrations closing: 08th November 2022
Transport for NSW and Local Councils are responsible for managing a road network of over 180,000 km. Our communities expect their roads to provide a level of service that allows them to travel safely and efficiently every day. Road maintenance plays an essential role in achieving this.
Australian Flexible Pavement Association (AfPA) will be hosting a one-day Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation Forum. This Forum will provide attendees with a unique opportunity to learn from technical experts, providing for an evidence-based technical exchange of ideas between Transport for NSW, Local Government and private sector technical practitioners. The Forum focuses on shared learning – real scenarios and practical outcomes.
The topics covered in this Forum include:
- Understanding road maintenance
- A systematic approach to managing routine maintenance
- Using AI for road maintenance
- Road maintenance on sealed road – defects, causes and treatments
- Introduction to Stabilisation
- Overview of Base Grade Stabilisation
- Engineered Geosynthetic Systems for more durable and sustainable construction in sealed roads
- Rehabilitation – Case study
- Best practice for managing pavement material suppliers
- Recycled materials and sustainable pavements
- Best practice in spray seal application
- Intelligent Compaction
A detailed program will be made available on our website.