Industry Breakfast – NSW May 2023
Resilience in Roads
In-Person Registrations closing: 04th May 2023
The Australian Flexible Pavement Association (AfPA) NSW is pleased to announce the ‘AfPA NSW Industry Breakfast Event – Resilience in Roads’ as scheduled for Thursday, 11 May 2023 at 7:30 – 9:30am in Waterview In Bicentennial Park, Sydney.
Recent events, including ongoing weather instability, including significant recurring flooding and the COVID-19 Pandemic, have highlighted the urgent need for a coordinated and collaborative industry and all-level Government plan to the repair, rebuild and resilience of our most valuable asset – our roads.
The event will comprise of an interactive discussion with leading experts from across industry around the latest:
- What is resilience? Integrating resilience into TfNSW programs and policies
- What are the current challenges and issues for our industry and the road network,
- Participants will learn about different technologies, products and applications and case studies
- Q&A session for attendees.
The Event will also incorporate in the highlights from AfPA International Knowledge Transfer (IKT) as held over two weeks in April 2023 across the USA, the itinerary including meetings with leaders in the key interest areas at Federal and State DoT’s, University and Research Organisations, Contractors and Industry Associations. The key interest areas from IKT including:
- Initiatives and implementable technologies to reduce carbon footprint in constructing and maintaining pavements
- Low carbon and reusable materials
- Pavement preservation best practise to achieve lower life cycle cost and inventories
- Binder and asphalt characterisation & performance assessment
- Asset management decision making impact on sustainability
- How is sustainability valued in procurement practises?
- Latest research and implementation in pavement engineering & design
- Heavy duty pavements ports & airports
- USA road & road workers safety initiatives