In Japan delegates will explore state of the art asphalt production under strict environmental constraints, some of the best pavement recycling processes in the world and Japan’s push towards smart technology with a vision for autonomous road worksites in the future. The tour will be hosted by the Japanese Road Contractors Association and includes:
- Visit to Kawasaki plant of Maeda Road Co LTD
This Kawasaki plant is representative of the latest facilities in Japan. It is used to manufacture high RAP mixes, cement asphalt mixes and stabilised road base materials. Discussion at the asphalt plant will include discussion on state of the art environmental controls at asphalt plants.
- Visit NIPPO corporation research institute
Nippo is the largest pavement construction contractor in Japan. NIPPO has developed many technical innovations which have been implemented in Japan and overseas. We will visit the research laboratory, which boasts the latest equipment.
- i-construction EXPO at the Maintenance & Resilience Tokyo 2018
Maintenance & Resilience Tokyo is held annually. 565 companies exhibited last year, with approximately 38,000 registered visitors. The I-construction EXPO is one of 7 expositions at the event. The i-construction highlights the role of automation in addressing skill shortages in the industry.
- Public Works Research Institute
Tour of the facility and technical discussion with local experts on Asphalt recycling and Porous asphalt pavement technology in Japan
- Safer worksites shifting from a 3K industry Kitanai (dirty), Kiken (dangerous) and Kitsui (hard) to a new 3K industry Kyuyo (salary), Kyuka (holiday / day off) and Kibou (aspiration / hope).