Register your interest for the AAPA National Tech Talk series on the use of tyre derived crumb rubber in spray seals and asphalt.
Every year the equivalent of 56 Million passenger car tyres reach their end-of-life in Australia. Using the rubber from these tyres as an elastomeric modifier for bitumen represent a high value recycling opportunity.
Participants will learn about the range of crumb rubber modified bitumen technologies that are available and their application in asphalt and sprayed seals for roads.
The discussion will include:
- Overview of available technologies for urban and rural use
- Properties of crumb rubber modified binder
- Sprayed seal applications
- Crumb rubber asphalt technologies: open graded and gap graded asphalt, as well as dry blend options
- Overview of available specifications
A series of TechTalks will be held in venues around the country from August 2018. Register your interest now my completing this form. We will contact you with information on a TechTalks in your area.
Engineers Australia members may record Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours for attendance at AAPA courses. Refer to Engineers Australia’s CPD Policy for requirements and conditions.
Click HERE to register your interest.