Call for Abstracts
Our transport network is fundamental to our quality of life. It connects us to our jobs, our families, and our social networks. It allows us to travel safely and permits efficient transport of goods, such as fresh food, clothing, and other essential freight.
It is increasingly clear that this transport network is also a major contributor to global emissions. At the same time, it is also vulnerable to climate change, with more extreme weather events testing its resilience. These facts present a challenge to the flexible pavement sector in Australia in the responsible management of our infrastructure assets.
The AfPA International Conference 2023 provides our sector with an opportunity to explore these challenges and identify strategies to achieve the objective of Safely Paving the way to Carbon Zero.
You are invited to submit an abstract to be considered for inclusion in the program. The topics submitted should demonstrate an actual or potential practical contribution to the planning, design, construction, maintenance and management of our transport infrastructure or the use of innovation and technology to improve or replace current products and processes. Your abstract should be no more than 250 words.
The papers should align to one or more of the essential pillars that drive our sector:
- Health and safety
- Diversity and Inclusion
Potential topics could include (but not limited to):
- Future safe system influence
- Improved road safety through design
- Safe system assessments
- Safety initiatives
- Improving worksite safety
- Keeping people safe with technology
- How to implement climate change into design considerations to build resilient road pavements
- Innovative maintenance solutions and practices to enhance resilience, durability, and performance of pavements
- Best practice for asset owners for responding to natural disasters
Governance and Sustainability
- Sustainability resources for reporting on carbon footprint
- Environmental product declarations
- Sustainability assessment frameworks and sustainable procurement options
- Best practice for the sustainable management of transport infrastructure assets.
- The use of AI in maintenance practices
- Smart solutions for supporting efficiency and durability of pavements
- Next generation plant and equipment
- High-performance flexible pavements for Airports & Ports
- Advanced and innovative bituminous binders
- Impact of bitumen quality on the asphalt mix performance
- Incorporation of waste and recycled content streams in pavement design and construction
- Crumb rubber applications
- Materials, technologies, and processes to extend pavement durability
- Best practice use of RAP/WMA
Pavement Preservation, Maintenance and Rehabilitation
- Impact of extreme weather events on pavements
- Maintenance and rehabilitation do’s and don’ts
- Best practice pavement maintenance, preservation, and construction treatments
- Transport network needs in 2050
- Vehicles of the future
- The impact of future transport and mobility needs on pavement design
|Abstract submissions open||23 January 2023|
|Deadline for abstract submission||23 March 2023|
|Papers due||19 May 2023*|
|Presentations due||15 September 2023|
*Note: Presenters will be required to submit a technical paper to support their conference presentation.
How to submit your abstract
Please register to create an account and upload your submission via the link below.
If you have any questions regarding the abstract submission process, please contact the Conference Managers on email@example.com or +61 7 3226 2800