Transport and Main Roads Budget Update
This session is being run in person so please register here to attend what promises to be an interesting and informative presentation.
Due to existing commitments following his COVID recovery AfPA has been advised by the Director General’s Office that Neil Scales availability to speak at a breakfast event has pushed out some months.
We are very excited for August that we have for our Leadership Breakfast Event secured as our Confirmed VIP speaker the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) A/Deputy Director General Dennis Walsh for Tues August 30th 2022 in speaking to:
- QLD budget highlights for AfPA members – What’s the pipeline of road maintenance works look like for industry
- Powerful trends and changes driving the future of TMR – Key areas of focus for the next 5-10 years
- Refreshing the TMR/AfPA Alliance Strategic Plan to have a shared vision and roadmap —Time for bold changes and ambitions
- Overview of Alliance priorities: Sustainability, People and Inclusion, Delivery, Safety and Wellness, and Future Technology.
- What that means for growing the industry – Building competency, capability, diversity and people recognition
Dennis has been a critical part of refreshing the TMR/AfPA Alliance Strategic Plan to have a shared vision and roadmap for priorities including Sustainability, People and Inclusion, Delivery, Safety and Wellness, and Future Technology.
Joining A/DDG Walsh will be QLD AfPA Chair Richard Pearson, Deputy Chair David Smale and Executive Director Mark Piorkowski in how industry needs to position itself to mobilise and effectively collaborate with the Department to meet the opportunities and challenges facing both government and private sector